Mizoram in North India is a unique state both geographically and culturally. Over the years it has become largely “welfare dependant” with very little commercial or agricultural productivity. The emerging generations are struggling with drug & alcohol addiction, loss of identity, & poor work skills & training. Systemic unemployment is also a significant issue. The Way Foundation is working on a number of fronts to assist this people group.
Working with local leaders The Way Foundation is funding the following endeavours:
- The introduction of agricultural & horticultural technologies to facilitate local village produce self sufficiency.
- Commerce: Establish a multi village central produce hub for food distribution throughout the region & beyond
- Health: Funding village based medical clinics & health services
- Infrastructure: Funding roads & water harvesting technologies
- Rehab: Funding rehab & employment training clinics
- Finance: Funding micro-finance lending programmes for the poor to commence new businesses